October 19, 2020
Tablescape styling has easily turning into one of the most popular home decor trends this year! I am often asked how I am able to create such unique and elegant looks for anyone's dining room table. I am here to tell you that creating a beautiful tablescape is so much easier than you may think! Just follow these 5 steps to design the perfect look for your table:
1. Start with a base. This is where you can decide if you want to start with a nice linen, garland, or both! A table runner or tablecloth is an easy way to create a base for a centerpiece. If you start with a fun, funky table runner, then I would recommend thinking about a more simple centerpiece. If you have a more neutral runner or tablecloth, then we can make the centerpiece a bit more "over-the-top"! Be sure to match your napkins with whatever linens you select for your base. They don't have to match perfectly. They just need to be cohesive!
2. Decide on a centerpiece. This part of the design process is so much fun! You can do anything from creating a centralized centerpiece to a more spread out look using candlesticks or other accent pieces. This is where you can add more of a seasonal element to your table. Examples: pumpkins for fall, holiday trees for winter, and bunnies for spring!
3. Select your tableware. When it comes to picking your tableware, I recommend selecting pieces that match the theme of your table or are neutral in style. Neutral tableware will help you reuse the same pieces for different tablescapes. Other fun details include using flatware that match your tablescape. Some tables might favor silver flatware, where others may favor gold!
4. Layer! Layer! Layer! It's so important to layer your tablescape with a variety of items such as florals, candles, and/or garland. This helps you create dimension and texture throughout your table. Placing chargers or placemats on your table also adds another layer to your look. As always, I want you to try different pieces to find your own personal style.
5. Use elegant napkin folds or napkin rings. Be sure to select napkins that are cohesive to your whole tablescape and try out different types of folding styles. One of my favorite things to do is to tuck fresh florals or dinner menus in various napkin folds. Adding napkins rings also adds another layer of texture to your table, and makes it much easier if you don't have time to fold napkins.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 08, 2020